Labor Day Weekend.

As I mentioned in one of my posts about our weekend in Virginia, I was hoping to fit in another trip before the craziness of the holidays began. Well... Sean and I randomly decided last week that we'd love to take advantage of our three day weekend, so we packed again and headed back to Virginia Friday evening. I kept saying that we were on a never-ending trip, because the drive there seemed to take forever, but we did eventually make it and enjoyed another few days with family. Michael, Jennifer (Sean's sister), Taylor, and baby Braelynn joined us at the condo; it was so much fun spending the weekend with them.

We went with no agenda, just hopes for good weather and a boat ride.


This was Braelynn's first boat ride. :)


I seriously thought Gracie might fall asleep, too!



Sean and Michael took the girls fishing from the dock. We were all crossing our fingers for at least one fish, while also wondering how it would go should only one of the girls catch something...




Within the first two minutes, Taylor caught her fish! Sean was still baiting Gracie's hook when I took this picture of Taylor and her catch!



It was our lucky fishing day because shortly after Taylor's catch, Gracie caught her very first fish!


(Sean looked so much like his dad wearing Grandad's hat!)


Instagram Moments:


Comments

  1. I'm happy both girls caught something, too. And WOW on Braelynn's hair - obviously, lots of hair runs in the family (I'm thinking about Taylor).

    How much older is Taylor than Gracie? I'm thinking less than a year, but can't figure out if I'm right or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Braelynn has a head full of hair, just like Taylor did! Taylor turned 6 in July, so the girls are about two years apart in age.

      Delete
  2. They both caught their first fish! Yay! I am so glad you all were able to make it up there again. What a neat memory for you all, and for Gracie, sounds like such a great place to have for family visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracie was disappointed when we didn't catch a fish on our last trip, so this made her VERY happy! :) Sean and I both fished as kids, so this brought back memories for us.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Decisions, Decisions...

The end is near.

Hilton Head.