Back To School!

Last Wednesday, Gracie headed back to school. She is now in the 2nd grade! It is always such an exciting time. We love the back-to-school shopping, meeting new teachers, and seeing old friends we've missed over the summer months. Gracie is in a class full of kids she already knows, but there are also a few new faces, which is great! We absolutely love her teacher, Ms. Darnell. She has been teaching for 35 years and has been a teacher at Calvary Baptist Day School since 1980. I love her approach to teaching; she views her classroom as the mission field God has chosen for her. I believe this makes all the difference in each and every day and I truly believe my daughter is in great hands this year. I cannot even express how thankful I am for our school and the school family we learn, live, and love alongside.


This was the day before school started. We attended the student open house, which gave the students a more relaxed, less hectic setting in which to speak with their teachers and drop off their supplies.


First day of 2nd grade!
Gracie may have been a little nervous on this first day, but she has adjusted well over the past week and seems to have enjoyed every day so far!


2nd day of 2nd grade!
We had to get a picture in front of the Welcome Back sign!

We are looking forward to a wonderful school year. I can only imagine how much my Grace will learn and grow over the coming months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decisions, Decisions...

The end is near.

Hilton Head.