Happy 9th Birthday, Gracie!!

My little girl is sleeping soundly in her bed as I type. I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight, and as I did these things, I was aware that these were the last moments I would spend with her as an 8-year-old. Tomorrow, she will be 9. My heart is celebrating this blessing that is ours, but I also feel the sadness that comes with every passing year and my inability to adjust to the speed with which the years go by. I want time to give me a break and let me linger in this most beautiful of life stages for a while longer. I want my babies to stay little. I want them to keep little hands and little smiles and bodies that fit in my arms when I hold them. 

And yet, I want them to grow. I want them to discover who they are and follow their dreams. I want them to fulfill the plan that is laid out before them by God, because I know that plan is so good. I want to teach them and encourage them, support and love them every step of the way.

My sweet Grace, 

Words cannot express what you mean to me. You made me a mommy, little love, and I will forever hold this day close to my heart. You are a joy. You are a gift. I pray you will always know that you are loved and treasured. I am so proud of the little girl you are and I look forward to watching you continue to grow and bring goodness to this world.


At age 9, you are such a funny little girl with your dad's quick wit and sense of humor. You are shy around groups of people, especially new people, but you are completely free of that shell within the comfort of your own family. I love your silliness and watching you play with your brother. You still love taking horseback riding lessons and swimming at the lake. You are a fantastic student (straight A's!) and a great and loyal friend. I am thrilled that I will be homeschooling you in the fall! It will be a new adventure for both of us, with opportunities to meet new friends and experience learning in a new way - together.


Happy 9th Birthday! I'm so glad you're mine. I love you so very, very much. 

Love, Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decisions, Decisions...

The end is near.

Hilton Head.