Happy 12th Birthday, Grace!
To the most beautiful girl in the world,
Happy 12th Birthday! I cannot get over how quickly these years with you have passed. It feels like it was just yesterday that I would hold you on my hip and we would dance and sing to silly Kindermusik songs. I can still see you on your first birthday, pink icing on your precious cheeks, enjoying your gigantic cupcake! And the ocean... a place of peace and joy for you since your first visit. I'll never forget watching you sing out to the ocean as a little girl. Waves crashing, sun shining, and Gracie singing. I've collected so many beautiful memories during your childhood and I hold onto them tightly.
When you were born, the best time of my life began. I need you to know that this is my greatest truth: Being your mother is the best thing that ever happened to me and having you as my daughter has been God's greatest gift. He knew just what I needed in this life and you are part of that incredible plan. I'm blown away by how He has blessed our family. And to think, He has a perfect plan for your life, too. I already see how He'll be able to use the fire in your soul and the boldness in your heart to bring glory to Him. You should feel strong and confident in knowing great things are headed your way. I'm so very proud of the young lady that you've become.
A few things about you...
-You are a great friend. You are thoughtful when it comes to your friendships and you're also protective of those you've welcomed into your circle.
-You're an animal lover. You have a big heart for animals, especially for dogs. We welcomed our German Shepherd puppy, Zeus, into our family on January 11th. It has been an adventure with training and raising a giant puppy, but you are so helpful in caring for him.
-6th grade was a great success. You are self-motivated and intelligent, so homeschooling has continued to be a good fit for you. I'm looking forward to spending these middle school years with you.
-You are still taking riding lessons. You adore your horses and your horseback riding friends. In fact, these friends have become your very best friends. You're also playing soccer for the 2nd year, with your dad as your coach. This season was interrupted by the coronavirus. We aren't sure we will be able to complete the spring season at all.
-You are wise beyond your years. Quiet, contemplative, reserved at times... Wild, opinionated, witty and hilarious, adventurous at other times. You keep us on our toes. There is very rarely a dull moment with you.
-We are celebrating this year at the beach, as we have done so many years before. This year has been unique with the attempts to stop the spread of the coronavirus, so things have been different. Still, this is a special time to celebrate your life that began 12 years ago! We love you so very much!