It's been a tough week in our household. Ethan appears to be teething, Gracie has been fighting with her belly issues, I am moody and irritable and in need of a vacation. Alone. I already failed at my New Year's resolution, to be more patient, so that's encouraging. I hate complaining. I try so hard to have a positive outlook on life in general, but sometimes I want to pout and cry on the steering wheel, so I do. I'm so lucky I have women in my life who welcome my venting with open arms, because honestly, men do not get it. Not even a little bit. I'm hoping I can keep this one on track somehow... :) His sweet smile has made each day a little brighter. Here's hoping next week will be a little less vent-worthy.
After Ethan's nap one day this week, I opened the blinds and discovered a lovely afternoon light filling his room. I went for my camera, hoping to sit back and practice with a few settings while watching him play happily. In doing so, I also discovered that A) my hope chest, which was both built and hand painted by my grandfather, makes an incredible background and B) capturing my baby's smile brings me great happiness. I've looked at this picture 100 times and his smile makes me smile every time. Ethan is 9 months old today. I'm celebrating yet another month that went too quickly, but also a blessed month that has brought an immeasurable amount of joy. If I could slow down time, I would, but since I can't, I'll just enjoy each God given second with this little boy, one of two insanely bright lights in my life. Ethan, you are very mobile now. You love to crawl and you're getting increasingly comfortable with pulling up to your knees anywh...
...but I think I've made up my mind. I've been going back and forth, back and forth, practically since I started blogging 3 years ago: Public or Private blog? I've decided that since I share quite a bit about my family, and share lots of pictures of my children (some watermarked, most not), These Little Moments will now be a private blog. I've never felt comfortable with the fact that there are literally hundreds of photos of my daughter, our family members, and now my son posted on the Internet for anyone and everyone to see. For those of you who would like to continue keeping up with Gracie, Ethan, and our family, let me know! I will send you an invitation to the private blog. I'll still be following along with your blogs, just not publishing publicly on my own anymore. I'm going to go ahead and make the switch at the end of the week. And to those who I know are following along... Just expect an invitation! :)
I love his precious smile and handsome eyes!
ReplyDelete