Saturday with Santa and the Elves.
Last weekend, my family attended a special Saturday with Santa event. There were lots of fun, festive activities for the kids, including cookie decorating, making reindeer food, and Christmas crafts. The event was held to raise money for a local children's charity. I was asked to stand in as photographer to capture some adorable pictures of the children with Santa. It was truly an honor to be a part of this day. I was so happy to hear that over $500 was raised! Saturday with Santa was put together by one of my great friends and her family. I personally had a blast, and I'm pretty sure the little ones did, too!
First, the children were put in groups and given their own personal elves to lead them throughout the party. They began by coloring bags to hold all their goodies.
Austin and Ethan
Chandler and Gracie
Next, the kids decorated Christmas cookies using everything from sprinkles to gumdrops.
There was also a Christmas tree craft station and games. Even the littlest guests had plenty to do and enjoy.
Last, but not least, Santa arrived! I was impressed to find that out of 35 children of all ages (during two separate sessions) only one little girl cried on Santa's lap. Two little girls, Gracie and my friend's daughter, refused to sit with Santa at all! Ethan seemed slightly unsure, but went to Santa with no trouble. I greatly enjoyed taking these pictures of my own kids and nephews, as well as some of my best friends' children! I hope they decide to host Saturday with Santa and the Elves next year. :)












It was such a fun event! Hopefully next year I pick the "right" time slot to spend with everyone else! I am so glad they were able to raise over $500 and I really hope they do it again next year too, it was SO much fun! The best Santa event I've seen.
ReplyDelete