Happy Birthday, Gracie!!!

My dearest Gracie,

I feel so very grateful to be celebrating this 6th birthday with you! God certainly blessed our family when He decided that we should be your parents. You are such a special little girl, with so many wonderful qualities. It has been a true joy to watch you grow into the little lady you now are. You are such a beautiful soul – a mix of quiet and shy, wild and sassy. You are a wonderful student and friend, and I always hear from others how sweet you are. You set yourself free at home, which I love, and transform into this wild, imaginative ninja-princess, which is just the coolest thing ever. You and your brother play together so well, most of the time. I absolutely love watching the two of you run and chase each other in the backyard, creating your own little imaginary worlds.

You are 6 going on 16, for sure. We have our moments and I’m learning just how to handle your moods. I’m discovering that you are simply your own person, with your own emotions, thoughts, and ideas. You’re reaching an age where these things matter to you, and sometimes we just aren't on the same page. I am seeking God’s guidance daily on this motherhood journey. I realize that I am learning as I go. You are, after all, my first child and only daughter.

What I love most about you now, as a six-year-old, is that we can do so many things together. You love to play games with me, color, and draw. I love sitting with you before bedtime and talking. There are so many nights when I’m just feeling weary with exhaustion, and so ready for my own bedtime, but then I’ll take that extra few minutes with you and the whole day comes to a much sweeter close. You are my littlest best friend.

My prayer for you today is that you will always remember that you are loved, that you will continue to grow confident and strong and healthy, that you will love Jesus. You are a light in this world, my sweet Grace. With each year that comes and goes, keep shining. I love you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decisions, Decisions...

The end is near.

Hilton Head.