5 Months.

Ethan, at 5 months old, you are a happy, sweet baby! You have kept a very laid back personality. It's helpful that you're so willing to go along with whatever comes your way, since we are so often on the go. Here is a little more about you:

You have settled into a routine. You take a morning nap around 9:30, then an afternoon nap around 1:30. You are almost always ready for bed by 8, which is great, since this is also Gracie's bedtime! Over the past week, you've started sleeping in longer stretches during the night. Just a couple of nights ago, you only woke up ONE time, at 3am!

You are still a great eater and nurse every 3 hours, or on demand. I am in love with this time with you. We're gearing up to start solid foods... I am going to make your baby food myself. I'm really excited about it and wish I had thought to do the same with Gracie. I am looking forward to seeing the look on your face when you taste something besides milk for the very first time!

You are rarely fussy, and if you are, you have a good reason. You really only cry or fuss if you need a diaper change, if you are hungry, or if you're tired. You also let us know if you're bored and ready to move on to something else while playing.

Gracie loves playing with you! She gets right at your level to talk to you or show toys to you. She'll even sit by you sometimes and sing. I love having such a great little helper. She's also a wonderful source of entertainment!

I love how you light up into a big smile when I peek over your crib in the mornings. It's as though you've been waiting, and then, there I am. You kick those little legs in excitement and I feel like the most important person in your world. Of course, you also do this when you see your daddy pop in the room, or when Gracie slips in to tell you Good Morning. You have a way of making each of us feel pretty special.

You are finding your voice! I love hearing your happy squeals, laughter, cooing... so many sweet sounds that I adore! The months aren't slowing down, but we're enjoying all of these new, precious things with you.


Ethan, there are times when I look at you, and I truly see myself. I think, they don't see it, but he does look like me... Well, I'm afraid that this picture does little to convince anyone that you look like your momma! You look so much like your daddy!

Comments

  1. Don't let his reaction to his sister or daddy fool you -- you ARE the most important person in his world! You give him milk -- what could be better????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 months, Ethan! It's been such a blessing and so much fun watching you grow thus far :-) I see both your Dad AND your Mom in you...you're a lucky little guy to have them as parents!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vent.

9 Months.

Decisions, Decisions...